According to research there is no viable difference between men and women in leadership roles when it comes to professionalism and skills. However, certain studies do point out towards women leaders as being more compassionate, having better integrity and better performance of those working under them.
There are several benefits of having women in key leadership roles. Some of these include:
- Companies with women leaders fare better financially. Companies which had majority women leaders had a higher return on sales, return on equity and return on investment. Also these companies fared 80% better than their competitors.
- This in turn leads to a better economy. The improved financial status of the company works well for all those working within the company. It also provides more job opportunities for people interested in working for the company.
- Also women leaders have better communication skills. This is also backed by the Harvard Business Review. It states that female leaders do well when compared to their male peers. Not only does it improve inter office relationships but has a positive impact on the company clientele a well.
- The better networking skill make it easier to build collaboration within as well as outside the company. Networking is an important part of the corporate world these days. Women are always better at cooperating, more so then the men in the same key positions. A great leader has the ability to create a clear line for communication. When the communication is clear throughout the infrastructure, it helps for better understanding of the work and therefore results in improved productivity at all levels.
- Women also tend to be better listeners. This means they have a clear view of everything which is going on within the company. This allows them to find strategies which actually work because those strategies are built on a clear understanding and mutual respect of all the employees within the company.
- Gender diversity at leadership level is better for just about everyone in the company. It also helps take some responsibility off the male peers in the company. Women leaders are also better at taking initiative. While initiation is generally considered a dominating trait of men, women leaders take initiative in a gentler manner thus promoting a feeling of well-being amongst the employees.
- They also inspire and motivate others to do better. An effective leader is someone who motivates and inspires employees. They are also seen as better deal makers. This makes them better at building team morale and thus results in better team work.
- Women leaders are also better adapted at change. They respond positively to change within the company and take it within their stride. This malleable attitude produces a positive impact on all those in the team.
- Women make just as innovative leaders as men. In fact when compared to their male peers they tend to do just a little bit better when it comes to innovation.
Training for women in leadership can help them excel in their positions and inspire other women to have the courage and lead.