Looking to hire a private investigator in Brisbane? No matter what your reasons are for conducting private investigations in Brisbane, you need to hire someone who is thoroughly professional.
While there are quite a few investigation firms, you need to find one which is legit and registered. When visiting a firm to interview a private investigator, keep the following red flags in mind. These are an indication that you might be scammed and those people are simply posing to be investigators and have no special knowledge regarding it.
- The investigator you are visiting doesn’t have a permanent address
- They also do not have a website
- Promises to help you with whatever you ask them to
- May suggest using illegal means to obtain information
If the investigator does any of the above things, make sure you don’t even consider hiring them. Instead go for someone who is safe and reliable and has the best reviews you can find.
Looking for a private investigator in Brisbane
The first place to look for an investigator is to search in the yellow pages. You can even try searching on the web. You can even ask for referrals from trusted sources. If you find no luck finding an investigator this way, you can go to the following sources.
- Criminal defense lawyers
- The local FBI agency
- The police department
You are bound to get a few names of reliable PI’s this way. Once you have three or four names on the list, it’s time to follow through. When interviewing the private investigator, ask them the following questions.
- Ask them if they can provide you with references. While private investigators wok confidentially and may not be able to come up with a lot of names due to their clients privacy but they may describe a few high profile cases and their outcomes as well.
- Get to know whether they have a license for carrying out investigation services. You don’t want to hire someone who doesn’t have a legit pass to do their work. It could end up in trouble for you as well.
- Ask them if they have an insurance. Insured private investigators are people who can be relied upon. It’s an indication that they are open about their services and serious about the welfare of themselves and their clients.
- What is their area of expertise? Just the way people in the same professional have different areas in which they specialize, the same goes for investigators as well. Some can work well in the business investigation field while others can easily find information regarding different individuals. Knowing their specialization would help narrow down the search for you.
- Get to know about their professional background. Most private investigators have some form of experience working for law enforcement professionals. They may have previously been associated with the police force, the army or even served as a lawyer.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind would help you find the best private investigator in Brisbane.